Restaurants FAQsBelow is a list of questions often asked by customers in restaurants. Don't see your question listed? Contact us and we will respond.
- How can a GPO (Group Purchasing Organization) like Foodbuy help me?
Foodbuy processes more than 33 million transactions per month. Our ability to provide extensive data analytics keeps our clients profitable, enabling them to evaluate their supply chain processes. Our secret is in our dynamic financial optimization, we offer enhanced financials to support informed decisions. This results in the right products at the right price for their unique application.
- What can I expect as a member of Foodbuy?
When you partner with Foodbuy, you can expect to get what you need for your business in the forms of customization, flexibility and savings. We connect our customers with the right suppliers for their business and put together winning strategies for each Member to maximize value and reduce cost whenever possible. We empower you to make the right supply chain choices for your business and offer you pure transparency along the way.
- What types of products can Foodbuy offer my business?
Foodbuy manages over 600 leading manufacturers through 2,000+ contracts, offering programs with industry leaders in food, beverages, supplies, equipment and services.
- What types of services does Foodbuy offer that are specific to commercial foodservice?
Foodbuy has many unique service offerings that are beneficial to our customers in the commercial foodservice space.
• Culinary Consulting – Our team of professional chefs provides consultations on operational efficiencies, leads product cuttings, facilitates menu/recipe development and helps get costs down in your organization without compromising on value.
• Webtrition® – Webtrition is our web-based proprietary ingredient, recipe and menu management solution committed to delivering best-in-class recipe database developed by our culinary leaders, a menu management tool that maintains standards and controls food costs and accurate nutrition information that meets client and customer demands.
See a full list of our value-added Foodbuy service offerings here.
- Can I choose my own distributor?
Yes. Foodbuy is proud to be a distributor neutral procurement organization. We allow you to select and benefit from the distribution partner that best meets your business needs. Under the Foodbuy program, customers can choose to purchase from any of the major broadliners as well as local and regional distributors that provide produce and specialty meat and seafood offerings.
- How do I go about ordering the products and services I need?
Foodbuy offers our Members access to Managed Order Guides (MOGs) to streamline the majority of their purchases from broadliners. Best practices in order guides managed by Foodbuy has resulted in improved compliance and reduced food cost. Additional benefits can include: a standardized ordering process; aggregation of products for stocking services with all Foodbuy customers using the same distributor; assurance distributors are providing the correct items; and product flagging which points users to products that provide the best net costs available.
- Does Foodbuy have a sustainability platform?
As the largest foodservice procurement organization in North America, Foodbuy embraces both the challenges and opportunities of sustainability and corporate social responsibility initiatives in the foodservice supply chain.
Foodbuy and Compass Group have strived to make positive change within the realm of sustainability by supporting local economies, sourcing sustainable seafood, implementing measures to address climate change issues and much more. Find more detail about our sustainability platform here.
- How do I find out more about becoming a Member at Foodbuy?
For more information about becoming a Member, click here and a Foodbuy representative will be in touch: Become a Customer